Streamplayer is a plugin to receive and display network video streams
on VDR, turning VDR into a streaming client. The plugin is intentionally
limited to DVB compatible MPEG1/2 streams that can be displayed without
high CPU usage. One possible stream server is the VLC
media player, another one is the HTTP server of the
Streamplayer supports UDP streaming and HTTP streaming, based on the MPEG Transport Stream (TS) protocol.
- Compatibility to VDR 1.7.18+
- Dropped compatibility for VDR 1.5.x
- Experimental support for RTSP using liblivemedia
- Compatibility to VDR 1.2.6 - 1.5.16+
- Fix crash when starting in UDP mode
- Italian translation, thx. Diego
- Compatibility to VDR 1.2.6 - 1.5.7
- Compatibility to VDR 1.2.6 - 1.3.47+
- Compatibility to VDR 1.2.6 - 1.3.36+
- i18n-support, initially german/english
- Setup option to set receive buffer sizes
- Avoid cRemux timeouts on all 1.3.x versions
- Improved OSD error reporting
- Handle the 'stop' remote key
- Support Multicast UDP streaming
- Improved data stream handling
- Initial release. Compatible to VDR 1.2.6 - 1.3.25+
The VLC media player is able to transcode videos
to other formats and stream them over the network. Unfortunately, VLC lacks the feature
to letterbox widescreen videos to 4:3 format, as Streamplayer would require.
This patch allows to automatically adapt the video format to streamplayers needs.
More documentation is available at the beginning of the patch file.
Beginning with VLC-0.8.5 the patch is included in VLC. See svn checkin 14796
- Crop-padd patch version 2 for VLC 0.8.4
- Crop-padd patch version 2 for VLC 0.8.2